What the Flavor! DIY The Ainsworth’s $1,000 24k Gold Chicken Wings!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• 1/4 cup honey
• Vegetable/canola/peanut oil to fill fryer
• 1 tablespoon of garlic
• 1 tablespoon of onion
• 1/8 teaspoon paprika
• Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
• 1 pound of wings
• 2 ounces of edible gold confections (ex. 24k Gold Dust)
1. In a large bowl, season your chicken wings with the garlic, onion and paprika. As a heads up, the seasoning will make the outside of the wings brown quickly, which is yummy if you’re into that! If you want a more golden appearance, you can just salt your meat only!
2. Once those are coated, safely lower 2-4 wings into your fryer (depending on its size) and let that sit for 8-10 mins. Check your wings regularly.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk your honey and mustard together.
4. Once your chicken is ready, remove and place on a paper towel to remove any excess grease.
5. Place them in a clean bowl, and slowly begin tossing in your honey mustard sauce until your wings are fully coated.
6. Once those have been tossed to your liking, start slowly sprinkling in (while constantly tossing) your powdered gold confections of choice.
7. Plate your wings on a serving dish.
8. If you still want more gold, I would recommend having 24K gold leaf on hand to gently sprinkle on top of your wings to give it an extra dose of opulence!
9. Serve immediately!
• Eyptian Gold Dust is also a viable option.