Life Advice From How I Met Your Mother That’s Actually Super Helpful
How I Met Your Mother comes to an end on Monday after nine (!) seasons, and though Ted will FINALLY ya know, meet the Mother, there have been a lot of laughs along the way, let’s not forget this show has taught quite a few lessons over the years.
Aside from all the crazy rules Barney Stinson has made up, there has been some other life advice that could actually help you in every day life. Don’t believe us? See some of the best pieces of advice by scrolling below!
1. Live in the moment. Now College Ted said it in a pretty douchey way, but it’s still important to heed this advice — especially in this social media era when everyone is trying to capture their lives and put them online.
2. There’s nothing wrong with rewarding yourself for a job well done. If you accomplish something awesome, don’t be afraid to give yourself props for it!
3. Make good choices. See Marshall studying? He might not want to be doing it in the moment, but he knows that he needs to do this in order to have better his future self.
3. Always tell people how you feel. Don’t just let feelings bottle up inside you — let them out!
4. Take life head on. When life gives you something that might seem impossible to achieve, accept the challenge — you might end up surprising yourself.
5. Always say yes to cake. This one is pretty much a no-brainer, right?
6. Don’t be afraid to try new things. New things can be scary at first, but things (usually) end up working out just fine.
7. Sometimes, mistakes just need to be made. Things might not turn out the way you want them to, but there’s always a lesson to be learned.
8. Don’t settle! This pretty much says it all, doesn’t it?
Are you sad HIMYM is ending? Sound off in the comments!