5 Ways Hannah Montana Was Actually the Worst Disney Channel Show
As hard as it may be to believe, Hannah Montana wasn't a great influence. We know it was one of the highest-rated Disney Channel shows of all time, but for real, the Miley Cyrus-led television series didn't leave a good impression on young minds. (And we're not just talking about the singer's horrendous wardrobe.) So, like we did for Doug, Saved by the Bell and other old faves, here are all the reasons Hannah Montana was actually the worst:
1. Girl had attitude — and not always in a good way. Can you say diva?
2. Child neglect. Despite being a brat most of the time, Miley/Hannah was Daddy's little angel. But what about Jackson? You know, Miley's older brother. There were multiple episodes citing that he felt ignored by his father and overshadowed by his younger sibling. Miley might as well have been an only child with Robby Ray's bad parenting toward his eldest.
3. Males are portrayed as idiots. From Jackson to Oliver, Jake to Rico, why is Miley constantly surrounded by moronic boys?
4. LIE! We get that Miley didn't want the world knowing she was also Hannah Montana, but something's gotta give (besides her inner circle of Oliver, Lilly and eventually, like, Jesse). Her dad could've at least informed her school; there had to have been someone trustworthy in there.
5. Boys wearing "girl" clothing is funny. In today's day and age, it's disappointing to see this kind of discrimination — especially on a tween TV show where the audience is so impressionable.
Here's what the Divergent cast really thinks about Miley Cyrus: