9 Hacks & Tips to Get the Perf Half-Up High Ponytail Like Your Favorite Stars
The half-up bun was all the rage at the beginning of 2016, so it only makes sense that we’re ending the year with another hairstyles that’s similar, but will give you a completely different vibe. A high half-up-half-down ponytail not only helps you bring back (like people already did with chokers, holographic everything, platform shoes, etc.), but also allows you to channel your favorite stars like Ariana Grande and Khloe Kardashian who are also obsessed with the fun, flirty ‘do. Check out the hacks & tips below to learn how you can copy your faves’ go-to hair look with basically no effort at all!
1. A clean part will make the whole look more polished and ~fancy~:
2. If you’re going for a more effortless feel, you can instead use a brush to pull the pony to the very top of your head and then tease it so it becomes big and messy:
3. Hide the elastic band by wrapping a small piece of hair around it and securing with a bobby pin:
4. Curl your hair into tight spirals before you gather half into a ponytail for a super flirty look:
5. Adding something as simple as a bow or an embellished pin can completely change up how your hair looks.
6. Going for Ariana Grande’s classic ‘do? Leave a chunk of the front of your hair out of the ponytail and pin it behind your ear. Voila!
7. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can always throw in a French braid, too!
8. Ponytail looking a big dull and saggy? All you have to do is throw a small claw clip into the center of the ‘tail and you’ll have instant volume!
9. A great trick to make even the heaviest of ponytails perky and adorbs is to secure the base with two bobby pins to help it maintain its shape throughout the day.