Gossip Girl Recap: Is Blair Really On Her Way to Becoming a Princess?
Oh, the joys of being an Upper East Sider! Backstabbing friends, surprise visits by royalty and of course, a gossip queen who chronicles your every move. That’s the life, right?! Um, wrong. In last night’s Gossip Girl, “The Princess and the Frog,” our fave UES prince and princesses were up to their usual schemes. From boys breaking the “bro code” to ladies playing damsels in distress, it was just another ordinary day in NYC. No biggie.
So let’s get crackin’ and recap this baby, shall we?
1. Serena turns on Blair in a very B-like way. Who knew that S really could learn a thing or two from B? We were not at all proud, though! S manages to not only tip off Prince Louis’ mother (yes, she makes her debut and she is NOT happy!) to his relationship with B, but she also went out of her way to create a Gossip Girl scrapbook filled with deets on B’s past. B always being on her “A-game” quickly figures out that S was the one who did it. Shame on you, S! Find a hobby, you clearly have too much time on your hands.
2. Charlie and Dan. Now, who else saw this one coming? Super obvs, right? But while Charlie may be smitten, Dan doesn’t seem as interested until she plays her damsel in distress act. She makes Dan think that Vanessa was trying to sabotage her. Let’s not give Vanessa too much credit now, Charlie! Guess this little southern belle has more Upper East Side blood in her than we thought. Our fave D to C quote? “You’re kind of a spazz, in a great way.” Umm yea Dan, we have to agree.
3. Chuck gets drunk and crashes the Prince’s ball. He storms in and delivers the line of the night: “I’m Chuck Bass, the love of her life. Anyone else is just a waste of time.” What we were totally hoping for was him actually being able to give Blair that ring. But nope…
4. Blair goes to see Chuck at his apartment. The moment all Bluck fans were waiting for! So sad to report, though, that there is no B and C reconciliation here, but we did get some of our fave quotes from this scene. And they are (drum roll please):
Chuck to Blair, “You’re not going to marry anyone else, you’re mine!”
C to B (again), “The only thing that’s ever been real is me and you.”
Gossip Girl, “Once upon a time in the Upper East, a princess ran from a beast.”
5. Nate forgets the “bro code.” Okay, what ever happened to, “Bros over…” well, ya know. Nate forgot all about this one last night. He totally sells out Chuck to Raina, giving her all the details about what really happened to her mother. And then he leaves her a message saying, “You were right about Chuck. I choose you.” So, wait a minute, how long has Nate known Raina? And how long has he known Chuck?! So confused.
6. Blair gets engaged! Yes, it’s true. Our resident UES
self-proclaimed princess is on her way to becoming a real princess. But we wonder, will she actually go through with it? Guess we’ll have to wait and see!
What did you think about last night’s episode? With only one eppy left before the finale, what are you hoping will happen? Will Blair and the prince really get hitched?! We want to know! Share with us in the comments!