‘Glee’ Recap: The Most “Yeah Right” Moments from the “Diva” Episode!
Before we go any further, let us preface this by saying that we’re Gleeks. Granted,
some most of the events are far-fetched (and even a little wrong in our opinion at times), we’re still avid Glee viewers. Okay, now that that’s out of the way, can we discuss what went down last night on the “Diva” episode?? It was fierce; it was awkward; it was dramatic — all at the same time. Join us as we break it down in the comments or on our Glee message board!
1. Sue offers Santana a job coaching the Cheerios! During ‘Diva Week,’ McKinley’s former resident tells-it-like-it-is Cheerio makes her choir-room comeback with the help of her college cheerleading team. Or — should we say? — former college. That’s right, she dropped out! But instead of taking the gig, which Sue would’ve never let happen anyway, she moves to New York… and surprises Kurt and Rachel by announcing that they’re gonna be roomies.
2. Tina confesses her love for Blaine. Let’s not forget how out of left field this storyline, which began two weeks ago, is in the first place. (It’s like, oh, both of their exes are no longer in Ohio, so let’s make one fall for the other.) And, not sure if anyone else has noticed the signs, but Blaine’s not interested, girl. He CAN’T be interested. It’s not who he is. This is who he is:
3. Tina wins the ‘Diva Week’ challenge. Pissed off at the fact that Santana came back to town and potentially stole her spotlight (that she never had) and heartbroken by Blaine for not returning her affections, Tina goes total diva mode — and wins! We’ll be the first to admit it was a rock-solid performance, but Tina’s personality did a total 180-degree turn out of nowhere.
4. Kurt beats Rachel at a diva-off. Nailed it. We repeat, nailed it, nailed it, nailed it! The duo goes head-to-head during a Midnight Madness showdown, belting out Les Miserables‘ emotional (as if there was any other kind of) tune, “Bring Him Home.” Only during this face-off, Kurt beats his former high school rival. Rachel feels so jilted by the outcome, she doesn’t even want to audition for Funny Girl, her all-time favorite musical starring Barbra Streisand. Well… she says it’s because she doesn’t want to turn into so much of a diva that she loses her best friend, but we know her; you know she’s still feeling the pain over her loss.
5. Finn kisses Emma! *cringe* How could so many things be wrong in one short sentence? We’re gonna go out on a limb and say it’s because Finn’s hurt that Rachel’s FB status changed to “Shacked Up,” while he still hasn’t moved on. And Emma just so happens to be there. With Mr. Schue’s wedding next week, this should get interesting to say the least…