O-M-Glee! Glee Covers Adele (Again), And It’s the Most Perf Mash-Up Ever!
Perf timing! As Adele announces the third single off her album, 21, — “Set Fire to the Rain!” — we just so happen to catch the full mash-up performance of Adele’s “Rumour Has It” and “Someone Like You” from next week’s ep of Glee! To be totally honest with you guys… it’s quite poss the most incredible rendition they’ve ever sang. And considering it’s also the 300th performance on the show, it deserves a gigundo applause.
So to congratulate the gleeks and praise the best mash-up of all time, we picked the Top 10 mash-ups in Glee history!
Watch Santana and Mercedes completely kill (in a good way) Adele’s tracks below!
1. “It’s My Life”/”Confessions Part II” — So what if the New Directions guys took “Vitamin D” to boost their performance. It still rocked, no?
2. “Halo”/”Walking On Sunshine” — Same thing for the ladies. During the first Battle of the Sexes, the ND girls quickly showed that they’re fierce competition.
3. “Open Your Heart”/”Borderline” — Ugh, so much chemistry between Finn and Rachel. They should’ve just started going out then. Finchel, FTW!
4.”Any Way You Want It”/”Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin'” — Seriously, how did they not win after this performance? Rigged!
5. “Start Me Up”/”Livin’ On A Prayer” — In Season 2, the girls took charge in two songs that are sung primarily by men.
6. “Stop! In the Name of Love”/”Free Your Mind” — Yeah, girls do normally sing these tunes. But we still think the guys of New Directions pulled off the songs perfectly.
7. “Thriller”/”Heads Will Roll” — We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again: We are amazed by the choreography in this number.
8. “I Feel Pretty”/”Unpretty” — Okay, so this may go down as one of our fave Quinn songs of all time. She absolutely OWNED it. No offense, Rach.
9. “I Love New York”/”New York, New York” — Nationals, here we come!
10. “Anything Goes”/”Anything You Can Do” — Lindsay Pearce showed off her diva-tude with the first mash-up of Season 3. Remind us again how she didn’t win TGP?
What was your favorite mash-up? Did we miss any really good ones? Sound off!