12 Surprising Facts About the Girl Meets World Cast
We still have NO idea when the Boy Meets World spin-off will premiere on the Disney Channel — though we heard it’ll be some time later this year — but before Girl Meets World begins, you’ll probably want to get to know the cast a little better.
In case you’ve been living under a rock, let us break it down for you. Basically, they’re bringing back Cory and Topanga and this new show will focus on their teenage daughter Riley (played by Rowan Blanchard). Other characters include her BFF Maya Hart (Sabrina Carpenter), Cory and Topanga’s son Auggie Matthews (August Maturo), as well as Shamus Farkle (Corey Fogelmanis) who is the “Minkus” of this new show.
So, we thought you might want to know a little bit more about the cast before the Girl Meets World makes its big debut, so check out some surprising facts about the cast below!
1. Rowan Blanchard has never lived in a time when Boy Meets World was on the air (aside from
Boy Meets World ended on May 5, 2000 and Rowan was born on October 14, 2001. Feeling old yet?
2. Rowan’s REAL parents have a pretty interesting career.
Rowan’s parents (Elizabeth and Mark Blanchard-Boulbol) are yoga instructors, and her dad is also her acting coach.
3. Rowan and her co-star Sabrina Carpenter are besties on screen (and off).
The two are always showing off their BFF status on Twitter and Instagram.
4. Sabrina is launching a career in music.
In addition to her Girl Meets World duties, Sabrina just released a new song called “Can’t Blame a Girl For Trying.”
5. And speaking of music, her biggest inspiration is..
Christina Aguilera! She revealed that fun little tidbit in a video Q&A she posted on Twitter.
6. Sabrina has a Miley Cyrus connection!
Apparently, a few years ago she placed third in a singing contest run by Miley Cyrus’ website. Not too shabby!
7. Boy Meets World ended on Danielle Fishel’s birthday.
The series finale of BMW aired on May 5, 2000 — which just so happened to be Danielle’s 19th birthday.
8. Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel did date IRL! (Kinda.)
In an interview, Danielle revealed she and Savage only went on one dinner date as teenagers, and “by the time the dinner was over we realized mutually that we were more like family than lovers.”
9. Danielle is quite the brainiac — just like Topanga was.
In 2013 (at the age of 32), Danielle graduated from Cal State Fullerton after enrolling at age 27. During her time there she even was a math tutor!
10. Ben Savage was a fraternity bro.
During his time at Stanford, Ben was part of the Sigma Chi fraternity. We wonder what Cory would say about this?
11. Apparently, Ben is friends with Joe Jonas.
Ben posted this photo of himself with Joe on Instagram last week.
12. He’s a Topanga.
This pretty much speaks for itself.
— Ben Savage (@BenSavage) February 27, 2014
Are you excited for Girl Meets World? Tell us in the comments!