5 Gilmore Girls Fan Theories That’ll Make You Want More Than A Year in the Life
Okay, it’s been a few days since the release of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on Netflix (a.k.a. the revival of the ’00s CW television series that was enjoyed by everyone and their mother — literally). That means we’re allowed to talk about it without fear of retaliation from fans who’ve yet to watch it, right? If not, well… oh well, we’re still gonna talk about it at least a little bit, especially with that cliffhanger looming over our heads.
Still haven’t seen it? 1. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? 2. Here’s your warning, there are *SPOILERS AHEAD*
While we could go on an on, dissecting the relationships between Lorelai & Luke, Lorelai & Emily, Lorelai & Rory, etc. over the course of the past 9 years, as well as theorize about who sent Emily that mysterious letter (which we won’t get into today), there’s one teeny, tiny, tidbit that NEEDS to be addressed rightthissecond: those last four words.
The last four words have been a topic of discussion among the cast, crew and fandom ever since the public find out that the last four words held any sort of importance. While we can honestly say that we felt it coming as the clock ticked down, we still weren’t prepared for what went down:
Rory: I’m pregnant.
TBH, it’s the last two words that made the jaw-dropping moment, but that probably would’ve been easier for people to figure out, so the producers and such kept repeating, “The last four words, the last four words…”
Anyway, now that we’re all up to speed, WTF?! Even if there’s no return of the TV show — which is the latest topic of discussion — Rory’s baby daddy must be known! That can’t be left up in the air, never to be discovered!
Of course, we may never know… and that blows… but we can all drum up potential fathers for the child. The Internet sure has. Here are five theories as to who’s the daddy of the littlest Gilmore:
1. Logan — They were having sex (and committing adultery) throughout the revival’s duration, so he’s the most likely candidate.
@ladylxzarus makes me think Logan is the father. People are saying Logan is her "Christopher" and Jess is her "Luke".
— Jen (@kissycatclaw) November 29, 2016
2. Jess Mariano — Who’s to say something didn’t happen between Rory & Jess when the cameras weren’t rolling? After all, that look he gave her was so…
@tbrick2 Jess is the father. They hooked up off screen. Hence the look.
— Amanda Lynn (@PRbyamandalynn) November 27, 2016
3. The Wookiee — Hey, it wouldn’t be the first time a one-night stand resulted in pregnancy.
— Hooper Triplett (@HooperTriplett) November 28, 2016
4. Paul — You know, the boyfriend she kept forgetting to break up with… because she forgot he even existed.
— Viki (@Vikib6) November 27, 2016
5. Or… Rory’s a surrogate! — For Michel & his husband? For Lorelai & Luke? With Paris Geller being the head of a surrogacy agency, and Rory needing the money, it’s not out of the realm of possibility in either case.
— Jaime Underwood (@jlublueyes) November 29, 2016
— Brandon (@bruhndooon) November 29, 2016
So, basically, everyone but Dean is considered to be in the running.
Did you know that a bunch of your favorites guest-starred on Gilmore Girls before fame?