8 Freshman Year of High School Expectations and What Actually Happens
Whether you just started freshman year of high school or you’re still counting down the days, you know moving up from middle school is a huge deal! Or, at least you think it is…
Based on what you see in movies and on TV, it’s easy to expect a lot from your freshman year, but in reality not much changes as you make the switch. For example…
1. Expectation: You’ll talk to all your BFFs from middle school every day.
Reality: You only have time to catch up once a week.
2. Expectation: The cafeteria is just like what you see in the movies — every clique at a different table.
Reality: It’s all a big miss-mosh of people.
3. Expectation: The cheerleaders rule the school.
Reality: They’re actually normal people like everyone else.
4. Expectation: You’ll never wear the same outfit more than once.
5. Expectation: High school boys are so much more mature than middle school boys.
Reality: They’re actually more immature than you ever thought possible.
6. Expectation: You’ll have a boyfriend by the end of September.
Reality: You’re not even remotely interested in any of the guys in your grade…or the school.
7. Expectation: Your parents will give you more freedom.
Reality: You get a curfew.
8. Expectation: Your locker be adorably decorated.
Reality: You’re lucky if you put a few stickers inside.