8 Things You Only Feel on the First Day of School
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but summer is coming to an end and school is about to start. Unless it has already started for you, in which case, we’re doubly-sorry! But all is not lost. Because, along with all of the annoying things that come with the first day of school, also come these eight very specific feelings:
1. Perfectly dressed. First day of school outfits are officially the MOST important outfit of the year.
2. Well-prepared. You’ve got 62 pens and nine packs of loose-leaf paper. Which is a stark contradiction to the single pen and folded up piece of napkin that you end up writing with by the end of the year.
3. Rested. After the first few weeks, 8-hour-sleep nights become a thing of the past. Enjoy it while it lasts.
4. Relaxed. The beginning of the year means no tests to study for. So, you can just kick back and relax until the war begins.
5. Excited. Sure, the summer was fun and you didn’t want it to end. But there’s always still a tiny bit of excitement for school to finally start and for you to see all of your friends again.
6. Totally caught up. You haven’t gotten any work yet, so there’s no way you could be behind on any of it. Rejoice!
7. The need to impress. Whether it’s new friends, or a teacher you’re hoping to get an A from, you’re on your best behavior during the beginning of the year. The ending is up for debate, though.
8. More mature. The feeling wears off pretty quickly, but there’s something about walking into your school for the first time a grade higher that suddenly makes you feel old.