Then vs. Now: The First Day of School
The first day of school has changed a lot since you were younger. Not the actual first day — as far as we know, you’re still forced to end your summer of bliss and start your fall of learning — but how you feel about it is all different. Here’s the proof:
1. THEN: You could barely sleep the night before.
NOW: You stay awake the night before… online.
2. THEN: You woke up super early out of excitement.
NOW: You roll out of bed, dreading that summer is officially over.
3. THEN: You mentally planned your outfit for weeks.
NOW: You wear the first remotely cute thing you pull from your closet.
4. THEN: You showed up to school with every school supply in the world.
NOW: You’re lucky if you remember to bring a pen and an adequate book to write in.
5. THEN: You stressed about making new friends.
NOW: You meet up with your BFFs the first chance you get.
6. THEN: You worried about finding your classes.
NOW: You already know your school building inside and out.
7. THEN: You didn’t have any work to worry about for the first couple of weeks.
NOW: First day of school means first day of classwork and homework.