Ed Westwick Denies Second Actress’ “Untrue” Rape Accusations
In the course of just a few days, Ed Westwick went from being the man who played Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl to an accused rapist. Actresses Kristina Cohen and Aurélie Wynn both came forward and alleged that the 30-year-old sexually assaulted them on two separate occasions a few years ago.
The CW alum denied KC’s claims shortly after they were made public saying, “I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”
Ed released another statement now that AW added her story to the mix, calling the women’s allegations “disheartening” and “untrue” and denying them wholeheartedly.
“It’s disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct,” he wrote on Twitter. “I have absolutely not, and I am cooperating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible.”
— Ed Westwick (@EdWestwick) November 9, 2017
EW mentioned that he’s been in contact with authorities, which makes sense since Kristina filed a police report with the Los Angeles Police Department earlier this week and cops said they would be launching an investigation.
The second statement comes just a day after Aurélie shared her story of the alleged rape on Facebook, just like Kristina did a couple days prior.
She wrote, “I said no and he pushed me face down and was powerless under his weight. I was wearing a one piece bathing suit that he ripped, I was in complete shock, I am also very tiny.”
All we can do now is hope that the LAPD’s investigation is quick and efficient so that justice can be properly served.