10 Superlatives That Accurately Describe Ed Sheeran’s x Album
Happy x day, Sheerios! The much-anticipated new album from Ed Sheeran is here and it’s just as amazing as we thought it’d be! Besides listening to every song on repeat for the next 24 hours, we figured we’d take a moment to review the whole CD in all its glory in honor of the big day. And, as per youge, we’re not going to simply just chat about the tracks — we’re taking it a step further and making this the official list of Ed Sheeran x Album Superlatives! Check ’em out below and tell us how you’d categorize the songs in the comments!
1. Most Likely To Be a Wedding Song: “Tenerife Sea“ With a first line that says “you look so wonderful in your dress,” it’s pretty safe to say numerous people will be using this gorgeous love song as their first dance tune.
2. Most Likely to Make You Wish You Could Sing: “I’m A Mess.” Ed’s vocal range is INSANE on this song, and every time the chorus comes around you’ll be guaranteed to wish you could hit those notes like he can.
3. Most Likely to Get You Through a Breakup: “Don’t.” While going through a breakup, sometimes you just need an angry song to help get your frustrations out. And, for those who have already heard “Don’t,” you know it’s definitely the song that’ll do it. Who knew Ed could get so feisty!?
4. Most Likely to be Played While Driving with the Windows Down: “Sing.” It’s no surprise Ed chose “Sing” as his first single from x — it’s SO catchy!
5. Most Likely to Help You Move On: “Nina.” Sometimes the best thing you can do in a breakup is tell the other person to let go; Closure is everything! We definitely feel bad for the girl in this song — but at least Ed was able to explain why the relationship wasn’t working.
6. Most Likely to Be Confused for Another Artist: “The Man.” Ed’s always had rapper-like tendencies in his song, but this song straight up rivals Jay Z! And that’s not a bad thing…
7. Most Likely to Make You Sob: “Afire Love.” If the beautiful, haunting melody doesn’t get you, the lyrics that are about Ed’s grandfather passing away from Alzheimer’s disease will mostly definitely make you cry alllllllll the tears.
8. Most Likely to be Inappropriate for Younger Fans: “Bloodstream.” Even though Ed took all the vulgar language off his album, this song may constitute a warning label before some young fans listen.
9. Most Likely to Confuse the Crap Out of You: “Runaway.” When you first listen to “Runaway,” you’re immediately taken by its catchy beat. But once you listen to the lyrics you realize it’s actually a deep, emotional song about Ed’s past.
10. Most Likely to Make You Curl Up in a Ball And Cry ‘Cause You’re Single: “One, “Photograph and “Thinking Out Loud.” It was literally impossible to pick only one song for this category because basically every single song Ed writes is romantic perfection. If only a real boy would profess his love for you as beautifully as Ed does in his music…