Get Ready For ‘After Earth’ With DIY Crafts!
Attention, science-fiction fanatics — the movie After Earth is coming out soon! Will and Jaden Smith star in this film that takes place 1,000 years in the future. The story follows Kitai Raige (Jaden) as he treks across a desolate Earth to find help for him and his injured father Cypher (Will) after their spacecraft crashes. Sounds intense! Are you guys as excited for this movie as we are? Well, you can check out After Earth when it crash-lands into theaters on May 31.
So, in honor of the film’s upcoming release, and in celebration of Earth Day, we wanted to compile a list of eco-friendly DIY crafts you can do at home. Instead of throwing these items away, you can give them new life. Earth Day is a day when everyone can take some time to appreciate the environment and everything it has to offer. Check out some of the best DIY crafts you can do with friends and family to show your appreciation for the earth!
1. Light Bulb Flower Jars — When a light bulb burns out, instead of tossing it in the trash, turn it into a jar to grow flowers.
2. Eggshell Planters — Take your used eggshells and turn them into beautiful flower planters for spring!
3. Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders — Take your toilet paper roll and turn it into a bird feeder using these quick and easy steps:
4. Soap Container Cell Phone Holder — When you’re done with a bottle of soap or lotion, transform it into the perfect cell phone holder. You’ll never lose your phone again!
5. Newspaper Flowers — Use old newspapers to create little flowers that you can use for a table setting, house decoration, and much more!