12 Hacks to Clear Acne That Use Foods You Already Have in Your Kitchen
Banana…honey…avocados… all yummy foods that you most likely would find rightthissecond if you wandered into the kitchen. But while these delicious items are great to eat, they’re also incredibly useful for another reason — to clear your acne!
That’s right; while DIY pimple cures are easy enough as it is, there’s nothing more simple than saying goodbye to zit by using things you already own. What are you waiting for? Grab and snack and check out the following hacks, maybe even at the same time. *wink*
1. This pimple vanished with the help of…wait for it…a banana peel! Find out how here:
2. This honey and lemon mixture will not only get rid of pimples you currently have, but it’ll also help make any acne scars disappear:
3. You can also mix lemon juice with baking soda for an intense, pimple-drying mask:
4. And speaking of baking soda, combine it with cinnamon and honey for another mask option:
5. Tomatoes are delicious AND helpful for your skin! Look how many things you can do with them:
6. Harry Styles might not like avocados, but you definitely will if you have acne-prone skin:
7. So, turmeric is technically a spice and we know you wouldn’t eat it on its own, but it still counts!
8. Oatmeal is the perfect natural exfoliator that will help you remove that stubborn back acne:
9. Dip a paper towel into some egg whites for a DIY pore strip that’ll get rid of all those pesky blackheads:
10. Mustard and garlic don’t sound like things you want to put on your face, but SURPRISE — you actually do:
11. To sum it up, here’s a handy recipe chart:
12. And while putting food on your face is great, it’s also important to ingest the products that fight acne, too. Here are some of the best things to eat if you’re trying to get rid of pimples: