10 Ways Divergent Actually Won Big at the 87th Annual Academy Awards
The Hunger Games had some minor representation at the 2015 Oscars: Josh Hutcherson (Peeta) was a presenter; Julianne Moore (President Coin) was a Best Actress WINNER. But it was no match for Divergent. Although the Shailene Woodley-led franchise snagged zero nominations at the biggest movie ceremony of the year, it still won big. Here’s how:
1. Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller both hit the red carpet, looking like the baes that they are. That’s right — Caleb and Peter, TOGETHER.
— Christie (@christieoxox) February 23, 2015
2. They each got to bring gorgeous +1s. Ansel brought his beautiful mama, and Miles brought his stunning girlfriend, Keleigh Sperry.
3. There was some fashion competition with now-Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne. Both were clearly winners, though, in the blue suit department.
4. Miles’ movie scored MULTIPLE prized statues. Whiplash for all the wins!
5. Plus he got to show off his drumming ~*sKiLLs*~. Neil Patrick Harris was NOT impressed, but whatever.
6. AND he got to present with Margot Robbie. So much hotness on one stage. Can’t. Even.
7. Ansel, meanwhile got to present with a very familiar face: his Carrie co-star, Chloe Grace Moretz! They’re tapped to reunite on the big screen again, so eee!
8. Four’s mom even got a moment. Naomi Watts, who plays Evelyn, took the stage with Benedict Cumberbatch. Talk about a win!
9. Suki Waterhouse, who plays Marlene in Insurgent, got to sit beside a Best Actor nominee. Who just so happens to be her real-life boyfriend, Bradley Cooper. He may not have won, but she definitely did in that Burberry gown of hers.
10. Lastly, Octavia Spencer (a.k.a. Johanna) got to watch a box all night filled with NPH’s very accurate Academy Awards predictions. And present, too, because she’s already a bad-ass Oscar winner.
Yes, a box. How very… Insurgent of her:
Want more? Catch one of the latest Insurgent featurettes here: