8 Crucial Tips From Disney Shows On Overcoming Sibling Rivalry
Fighting with your sibling is just a part of growing up. We fight with them over clothes, makeup, grades, shower time, food, and pretty much everything and anything else there is to fight about. There's always competition to be the better than the other sibling at every single thing they do. Everything from how long it takes them to get ready to who has the better outfit is a contest. You should know that this rivalry happens in every family and in a way it can just be a bonding experience between siblings. It's a way of communicating and definitely gives you some memorable moments to share later in life.
Right now though we understand it can be tough to deal with this sibling drama and we want to help get you through it. So, we've collected great advice from Disney siblings to give you some guidance. Shows like Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Wizards of Waverly Place, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Good Luck Charlie are iconic for their sibling arguments. The characters on these shows have been through serious siblings feuds and have survived them all! As a result, they have a lot of tips on how to deal with the fighting. Now, we collected the eight tips we thought were the most important from these shows that you can use in your life. Take a look at the list below and let us know what you think! Does their advice help you? Sound off in the comments below!
1. Has your sibling ever pretended not to see, hear, or care when you did something amazing? Well trust us, they lied and are probably just jealous! Don't let them get you down, be proud of yourself and keep your head held high.
2. What do you do when a sibling is starting to get on your last nerve and you just can't take it anymore? Be like Ren Stevens, go to your room and shut the door. It will give you some time to relax and be by yourself for a minute!
3. Sometimes the best thing you can do if you're angry is to spend time by yourself to let out the stress. You don't want to be around your siblings if you're mad and say something you might regret!
4. Don't let your sibling's jokes get to you. They are trying to get under your skin but be strong and laugh it off! That's a great way to get under their skin. They hate when you don't get angry!
5. Let's face it, you are going to fight over the remote. This happens in every family! You both just want control, if things get heated give up the battle!
5. If you get into a fight with your sibling, put yourself in their shoes. See the argument from their perspective and understand where they are coming from. It's the best way to resolve the problem.
6. Never stay mad at each other for more than a few hours. You're family, you shouldn't waste time being angry!
7. At the end of the day always remember that you love each other. Your siblings are always going to be there for you and take care of you in your time of need.
8. If you're really patient, they will even eventually give in and play a game of thumb war with you.
So hang tough and don't let your siblings get the best of you! They are just trying to bond and connect with you, so don't get frustrated. Don't forget that you love each other and staying angry isn't worth your time!
You guys, Selena Gomez could actually be up for an Oscar!