8 Former Disney Stars’ Videos That Are Beyond HILARIOUS Without Music
Do you ever wish songs like Miley Cyrus‘ “Wrecking Ball” would make a comeback? Us too, but we have some bad news for you — they won’t. But there is a silver lining, and it comes in the form of “music videos without music.” This trend has been sweeping the nation since, like, 2013, and all your favorite former Disney Channel stars have gotten in on the fun since then. We ranked the best/worst/creepiest/funniest former actors’ MVs w/o M from best to worst, so you don’t have to do the digging yourself. Enjoy!
8. “Good For You” by Selena Gomez — Okay, so Sel is, like, our favorite human on the planet. Everybody knows that. And her “Good For You” video is dope. But when House of Halo (two YouTubers who specialize in making creative music videos) took over, sh*t hit the fan. This is low-key extremely creepy, and we simply don’t want to be involved.
7. “Wrecking Ball” by Miley Cyrus — The 24-year-old said it before and she’ll say it again — she’s never going to live this MV down. But that was in reference to the original song, so prepare yourself for how messed up this one is. We can’t say we hate it completely, but it’s just weird AF.
6. “Oops!…I Did It Again” by Britney Spears — Britney’s the OG Disney queen and this clip from the good ol’ days reminds us just how hot she was. But if you take a listen…it’s not quite you expect! Mario Wienerroither muted the background track and changed the sound design, so it doesn’t sound like the original at all! But, we promise it’ll give you a giggle if you need some comic relief today.
5. “Pretty Girls” by Britney Spears — And again! We guess you could say Britney’s back, in the most entertaining of ways. The 35-year-old and Iggy look fierce in the original “PG” music video, but even without sound, they’re still cute AF. Oh, and it gives your senses more room to focus on their sick dance moves. OH, and it features a musical cameo from “Oops!…I Did It Again”. You’re welcome.
4. “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake — If you were waiting for the moment you fell in love with JT, now is the time. House of Halo took a clip from his “First Listen — CSTF” video, removed the sound, and did its own audio design. It’s so happy. Just watch — we promise you’ll be smiling when it’s over.
3. “Close” by Nick Jonas — With the soundtrack included, it’s hard not to drool over this former JoBro in the “Close” video; it’s unbelievably hot. But when the tunes are removed, it’s hard not to ROFL. Just trust us on this one.
2. “Hands To Myself” by Selena Gomez — This song/video/human is hot AF no matter what you do with it. Selena looks incredible, the vid is sexy, and the tune is great — and when you remove the music? Still amazing. We don’t know how she does it, but we choose to accept it, because what would life be like if things weren’t this way? Bad. It would be bad.
1. “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus — Okay, so if you’ve ever heard of “music videos without music,” this video is probably why. First posted in September of 2013, this take on Miley’s “We Can’t Stop” MV was the OG #MVWM. It took the Internet by storm when it first appeared online and has since been a source of entertainment for people like us. It’s kind of amazing, kind of terrifying, and kind of funny. Don’t believe us? Watch for yourself:
Did you know these Disney Channel actors sang their shows’ theme song?