Demi Lovato’s Friends Reportedly Saved Her Life After Alleged Overdose
Demi Lovato is extremely lucky to be alive. According to Us Weekly, the 25-year-old singer’s friends are being credited with saving her life, as they administered Narcan, an emergency treatment for a known or suspected opioid overdose, when they realized something was wrong.
“One of her friends had Narcan on hand in case something like this happened,” a source tells the magazine. “Her friends knew this was coming because she’s been using so much again. They were up all night partying the night before at her house. Luckily, the Narcan worked and she will recover.”
The “Sober” crooner was reportedly rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon after she allegedly overdosed on an unidentified drug. Law enforcement sources first told TMZ that it was an apparent heroin overdose, but sources close to Demi now say this is not true.
“She had two friends with her at her house that called 911. They were hysterical when paramedics arrived and Demi was unconscious,” the insider adds. “But the friends acted very quickly and saved her life.”
D.Lo’s team released a statement that reads, “Demi is awake and with her family who want to express thanks to everyone for the love, prayers and support. Some of the information being reported is incorrect and they respectfully ask for privacy…”
The brunette’s mother, Dianna De La Garza, is reportedly by her side as she recovers in the hospital and she’s receiving tons of support from both fans and friends. Nick, Joe and Kevin Jonas have all publicly reached out to send her well-wishes, and tons of other celebrities are following suit.