10 Incredible Hacks That’ll Make You a Dark-Lipstick-Wearing Pro in No Time
The holidays are almost here, which means it’s officially time to put away your bright, colorful lipsticks and bust out those that make you look like a Gothic queen. While dark lippies are absolutely stunning to look at, they can sometimes be a little intimidating — how the heck do Instagram models make application look so perfect?! (*cough* Photoshop *cough*)
While you may think you’re a person who can’t pull off berry lipsticks, we’re here to tell you that you’re totally wrong. Everyone can rock vampy colors NMW, but after seeing the below hacks you’ll become a pro just in time for the upcoming holiday festivities.
1. Choosing the ride shade of berry lipstick is super important to making it wearable:
2. Dark lipstick shows every crack, dry patch, flaw, etc in your lips, so exfoliating first is super important:
3. They say practice makes perfect, but until you become a dark-lipstick pro, cleaning up the edges with concealer will be a trick that saves your life:
4. Looking to vamp up a classic red lipstick? Simply apply some black eyeliner to the edges and blend!
5. Blotting off any excess lipstick is a great way to ensure the color stays on your lips and doesn’t transfer to your face, teeth, etc.
6. You can also apply a little bit of translucent powder over the color to set it in place:
7. Try applying the powder over a thin tissue if you’re having a hard time making it look invisible:
8. Don’t have the perfect vampy lip color you want? No problem! Line your lips with black eyeliner and apply a purple/red gloss on top and voila!
9. One way to spice up a classic dark-lipstick look is to apply some gold cream eyeshadow to the center.
10. Make your own DIY berry lip stain using actual berries!