8 Expectations About Going to Your Favorite Artists’ Concert and What Actually Happens
Seeing your favorite band live in concert can be one of the greatest moments in your life. But, if your expectations prior to attending are too high, things may not work out the way you planned. Think about it — when you’re in a room of 10,000+ people, there are just some things you can’t control! Even seasoned concert pros sometimes find themselves in the cycle of live-performance struggles. Keep reading to see if any of these ring a bell to you:
1. Expectation: You’ll buy the tickets the second they go on sale!
Reality: There’s a site error and you can’t get on for another two hours.
2. Expectation: When you get on the website, you’ll get front row seats!
Reality: Scalpers got all of the good tickets so you’re stuck in the nosebleeds.
3. Expectation: You’ll be able to let loose and jam out!
Reality: You’re seated in front of an angry dad who asks you to sit down.
4. Expectation: There’s insane production and special effects.
Reality: Something doesn’t work so everything’s acoustic.
5. Expectation: You’ll make eye contact with the artist and have an amazing moment.
Reality: The world’s tallest person is standing in front of you so you can’t see anything.
6. Expectation: You’ll be able to hear all your favorite songs!
Reality: All you can hear are the screaming girls.
7. Expectation: You’ll arrive early and beat the lines.
Reality: Everyone else has the same idea and you still have to wait.
8. Expectation: You’ll be satisfied with seeing just one concert.
Reality: When it’s over, you’ll immediately look up the next show(s) you can attend.