12 Hacks That’ll Help You Save Space in Super Small College Dorm Rooms
We know you don’t want to hear this, but summer is basically halfway over, which means school is right around the corner. If you’re starting college in the fall, or simply returning to the dorm life, you know all about the anxieties that come from living away from home for the first time. But perhaps you’re not as aware of one major stress that usually happens once you walk into your new bedroom — the lack of space.
Let’s face it — no matter how nice a dorm room is, they’re always seriously tiny, which means you have to come up with creative ways to make the most of what you’re given. Thought you’d have to sacrifice some of your favorite shoes or leave behind your lucky shirt? Think again — follow these space-saving hacks and you’ll be the QUEEN of your floor.
1. Dorm room closets are usually tiny and can’t fit that many hangers — offset them and get double the storage without taking up too much space!
2. We know folding clothes is a pain, but doing it properly will be SO beneficial in the long run.
3. Use shower hooks to hold a bunch of scarves on just one hanger:
4. And you can also use them to organize your shower products!
5. Make a magnetic board to store AND show off your makeup.
6. Into the #DIYLife? Try this bad boy out and you’ll have a cute and efficient way to hold your ish!
7. Shower organizers are great for your in-bathroom needs, but you can also use them to hang things in your room, too.
8. While living in a dorm, you’ll have a TON of chords — Don’t let them get tangled by keeping them separated using binder clips:
9. Have some extra Command Hooks? Now you have somewhere to hold your hair tools!
10. File holders are also great ways to keep tools organized when you’re limited on drawer space.
11. Nothing helps you power through an all-nighter like a good snack — store all of your faves in a shoe holder instead of taking up precious cabinet space.
12. Here’s how you can make use of a cabinet door, too: