12 Celebrities Who’ve Worked with Their Famous Lookalikes
You’ve seen celebrities pose with their equally-famous lookalikes on social media, but did you realize how many stars actually work alongside their celebrity doppelgangers? It happens more often than you might think. In movies, on television series, in music videos — sometimes, even while stomping the runway! To prove it to you, here are 12 of the best examples:
1. Sasha Pieterse | Ashley Benson — Due to the elusive ‘A”s obsession with Sasha’s character, Alison DiLaurentis, there are plenty of wigged blondes masquerading as the young girl on Pretty Little Liars. But it doesn’t take a wig for Ashley’s on-screen alter ego, Hanna, to look similar to Ali — from the hair to the eyes to the nose, they might as well be twinsies.
2. Lily Collins | Suki Waterhouse — Clearly, Sam Claflin‘s Love, Rosie movie character had a type because two of his love interests had practically identical looks. (It’s all in the bold brows.)
3. Kristen Stewart | Riley Keough — Elvis Presley‘s granddaughter may’ve played Dakota Fanning‘s twin sister in The Runaways, but her face more accurately resembles that of her other co-star from the biopic, KStew. Even moreso when they have matching red locks.
4. Taylor Swift | Karlie Kloss — The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show isn’t the only place lookalike besties Taylor & Karlie (a.k.a. Kaylor)
werked worked together — the beautiful blondes battled it out in the arena as Catastrophe and Knockout in the “Bad Blood” music video.
5. Ed Sheeran | Rupert Grint — Although not too much is alike between the two, apart from their signature red hair, the Harry Potter alum admits that he’s often mistaken for the singer, “People think I’m Ed Sheeran. They compliment me on my music career and I just play along with it! It’s never too bad, you get the odd person staring at you, but it’s pretty manageable.” Fortunately, we got to witness the two work together, courtesy of Ed’s “Lego House” music video.
6. Selena Gomez | Lucy Hale — Long before PLL was even a glimmer, Lucy was David Henrie‘s girlfriend on Wizards of Waverly Place (and off-screen, but we digress), which Selena was obviously the star of at the time.
Coincidentally, Lucy’s openly admitted to being mistaken for her ex’s on-screen sister on more than one occasion. One of the most recent times was last year at the airport:
Woman at airport -"Selena, can I take a picture of you?" I think I crushed her & her daughters dreams after I revealed the truth …
— Lucy Hale (@lucyhale) April 20, 2014
7. Sarah Hyland | Odeya Rush — The young star of The Giver once confessed to us, “Everyone says I look like Mila Kunis. I also get Sarah Hyland… One time, someone thought that a movie I was in, that she was in, they were like, ‘Oh, Sarah Hyland was so good in this movie,’ but I was in the movie, not her…” which makes it even cuter that the doppelgangers appeared as sisters in the Sarah-produced movie See You in Valhalla.
8. Minka Kelly | Leighton Meester — The casting directors for Sony’s 2011 thriller, The Roommate, absolutely nailed it when choosing the two brunette beauties. Leighton’s character even purposely tries to make herself look more like Minka’s (because, you know, crazy-lady status). Not too hard when their base looks are practically identical anyway.
9. Natalie Portman | Keira Knightley — One of Keira’s first movies was Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace, in which she played the decoy version of Natalie’s Queen Amidala. To this day, people still mistake them on the red carpet — sans white-face makeup and everything.
10. Heath Ledger | Joseph Gordon-Levitt — Though they looked more alike as the years passed, the hotties began to show their similarities in the 1999 classic 10 Things I Hate About You. It’s all in that strong jaw. And eyes. And lips. You get it.
11. Jake Gyllenhaal | Tobey Maguire — Before Spider-Man 2 started filming, there were rumors that Kirsten Dunst‘s then-boyfriend, Jake, would replace her ex-boyfriend, Tobey, in the franchise due to Tobey’s supposed back problems from filming Seabiscuit. Of course, as you know, that never happened, but it would’ve probably been accepted by audiences considering the parallel correlations.
Five years later, and something even better happened: the two appeared as brothers in the aptly-titled film, Brothers.
12. Jessica Chastain | Bryce Dallas Howard — Jessica and Bryce have been compared to each other for years — especially after they worked opposite each other in 2011’s The Help — and accept the comments whole-heartedly. BDH recently said, “It’s such a compliment, you know? It’s funny: when I don’t wear makeup, nobody ever mistakes me for Jess, but whenever I put makeup on and look half-presentable, it’s, ‘Ah! Jessica Chastain!’ I’m like, ‘Thank you, I must look hygienic today.”