7 Celebrities Who Hate (or Won’t Even Try) Starbucks’ Unicorn Frappuccino
Okay, the unicorn trend has gotten out of hand. We were all for it in 2016, but between all the unicorn snots and unicorn poop, it’s gotten downright sickening. To further prove that point, people — including celebrities — are actually sickened by the latest addition to the whole unicorn… thing.
Starbucks recently released — drum roll, please — the Unicorn Frappuccino. NGL, the mystical beverage makes for a BOMB Instagram photo:
And what’s in it sounds *magical*, too. According to the coffee company, the sugary confection is comprised of “a sweet dusting of pink powder blended into a crème Frappuccino with mango syrup, and layered with a pleasantly sour blue powder topping.”
Sounds heavenly, right? WRONG.
“Today, it came out, and I have to tell you, PLEASE DON’T GET IT,” Starbucks employee Braden Burson yelled in a video meltdown over the product. “I have never been so stressed out in my entire life, it has been insane! I have unicorn crap all in my hair and on my nose. If you love us, as baristas, DON’T ORDER IT!”
“It’s a great drink,” he clarified to AP. “But it is difficult to make when there are like 20 fraps all at once both front and drive thru.”
“Great drink,” huh? Sounds more like the guy just wants to save his job, especially since all the stars that have tested the concoction regret putting the product to their lips OR won’t even try it because of the list of ingredients. Here are some of the most prime examples:
1. Katy Perry — “I couldn’t handle drinking my own blood,” Katy posted in a Snapchat video… before spitting the drink out.
2. Stephen Colbert — The host of The Late Show immediately regretted his decision to taste-test the Unicorn Frappuccino (which, he joked, was only called that because the name Sugary Affront to God was taken). Prior to the blend reaching his mouth, he described the color as “tumor.” Then, after taking a sip, he said that it “tastes like I French-kissed Tinkerbell.”
3. Jimmy Kimmel — Even without publicly admitting whether or not he sampled the Frap, the Jimmy Kimmel Live! host referred to ~treat~ as an “abomination.” The show even made a (parody) commercial for another Starbucks item in case the Unicorn Frappuccino doesn’t strike your fancy. It’s called… the F**k-it-Ccino.
4. Robert Buckley — The One Tree Hill alum put on a brave face while sucking down the cool refreshment, but clearly knew it wasn’t good for him, hence, his caption, “When you wanna treat your body like a garbage can but look cute while you’re doing it.”
— Robert Buckley (@robertbuckley) April 21, 2017
5. Mario Batali — During the Can Do Dinner Awards in NYC, Chef Mario Batali was approached about the Unicorn Frappuccino — and he was NOT having any of it after hearing the ingredients. “What does that even mean?” he questioned. “The word ‘powder’ tells you a lot about that. I’ve been warned about powders all my life. Trying to stay off of them!”
6. David Burtka — The professional chef (and Neil Patrick Harris‘ husband) echoed Mario’s sentiments. “It looks like it’s not that great for you,” he added. “All that dye, and it changes color! It’s tart, but it’s sweet. I can’t imagine putting that in your body. I love Starbucks, but that’s something I think I’m gonna have to skip.”
7. Al Roker — You can bet good ol’ Al had something to say about the blend. “Well, that just sounds really disgusting,” he said. “There’s absolutely no reason for that.”
The Unicorn Frappuccino is available until April 23. Have you tried it yet?
Don’t mess with Katy Perry — these pop stars know the deal:
Taylor Swift and Katy Perry's fued can basically be turned into a novel. Ever since their war broke out a few years ago, the former friends basc haven't given themselves a moment to breathe in between the harsh insults they throw back and forth.
While TS frequently rips KP to shreds in her music and select interviews, the "Chained to the Rhythm" singer has taken to Twitter several times to voice her negative opinion about the blonde.
"Watch out for the Regina George in sheep's clothing..." she once tweeted after the former country crooner gave a particularly revealing interview. "Finding it ironic to parade the pit women against other women argument about as one unmeasurably capitalizes on the take down of a woman," she said after Tay got into a feud with Nicki Minaj. TBH, we don't see this one coming to an end any time soon.
Photo: Wenn Images