10 Things to Know About ‘X Factor’ Hopeful, Carly Rose Sonenclar!
Have you ever heard the saying “good things come in small packages?” It may be a tad cliche, but it’s the perfect way to describe The X Factor contestant Carly Rose Sonenclar. She blew judges away with her “Feelin’ Good” audition in Providence, Rhode Island back in September, and made it through to the judges’ house. But Carly is no stranger to the stage. She’s been on Broadway since she was seven, she’s had a show on PBS and she even had a small role in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2.
Peep Carly’s first audition and find out more about her acting background, what she does in her spare time and what Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am said about her.
1. Carly Rose Sonenclar is a 13-year-old girl from Westchester, New York.
2. Carly sang the National Anthem at Knicks Media Day back in 2008.
3. She loves to surf in her free time…
4. …and she pitches for her local softball team.
5. Carly made her Broadway debut at 7-years-old in Les Miserables as a young Cosette. How cute?!
6. She played Carrie in Little House on the Prairie The Musical on a national tour from 2009 to 2010.
7. She performed at The Hillside Food Outreach benefit with New York Yankee legend and jazz musician Bernie Williams.
8. Carly is an Ambassador for The Starlight Children’s Foundation (a non-profit organization helping sick children) of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
9. She performed a hauntingly beautiful version of Karmin’s “Brokenhearted” at Britney Spears’ house which lead Will.i.am. to believe she may be possessed. That’s how good she is.
10. She absolutely loves Channing Tatum, but who doesn’t?