7 Reasons We Thought Britney Spears Was Already 30
Today is Britney Spears‘ 30th birthday. The former pop princess is offish old-ish. Shocked by that revelation? We were too, but only because we thought she had already turned 30, like, a few years ago. So instead of writing her a birthday poem, we found seven totally legit reasons why we thought Brit was already well into her 30’s. Here goes:
1. She’s already dealt with hair loss. Remember that time Britney shaved her head? Yeah, well apparently Britney decided being bald at only 25 was a good look. 25 years of age, people. We can’t be the only ones who thought she looked way older.
2. Brit’s been married twice… and divorced twice. Ok, we know her marriage to hometown boyf Jason Alexander lasted only, like, 55 hours, but they still tied the knot. THE SAME YEAR, Brit Brit thought she found true love when she married Kevin Federline. HA! That divorce was the best decision she ever made.
3. She has two kids. Look, Jayden James and Sean Preston are adorable, but can you believe she had both kids before she turned 25? IDK about you, but when we think ‘mom with two kids,’ we think 30-something.
4. She’s called the Princess of Pop for a reason. Since Brit made it with “Baby One More Time” back in 1999, she’s released seven studio albums, four compilation albums and 37 singles. Girl does not stop working. Even when she’s having a breakdown. HOW HAS SHE BEEN ABLE TO GET THIS ALL DONE BEFORE TURNING 30? It’s ridic!
5. And speaking of breakdowns, she’s had like, five comebacks. Remember that time she sang “Gimme More” at the 2007 MTV VMA’s (even though that was more of a fallback if you ask us)? Or how about her “Womanizer” video when she looked hotter than ever? Or when she had a cameo on Glee last year? Or even more recently with her album Femme Fatale, which had three number one hits? Basically, the list of Brit’s comeback moments are endless.
7. She was on the Mickey Mouse Club, you guys. A thousand years ago. Check out this vid from her days on Disney. Looks like the 80’s, right?!