Get Brenda Song’s Pretty Makeup Look for Prom!
Super sultry and totally easy to DIY, we had to show you how to copy cat Brenda Song‘s phenom prom-perfect look! So, we got the help of makeup artist to the stars, Nathan Johnson (who helps Lea Michele and the Project Runway cast look even prettier), to tell us how this look can last all night on the dance floor.
Unless you have oily skin, Nathan says you should probably never use powder (mineral is the exception!). “See how she glows? Choose liquid foundation,” he says. Once you’ve perfected your face, you can concentrate on the eyes and her smoky look can be done in 5 easy peasy steps!
1. Line the upper lash line with a thick black line and flick it out at the end in a cat eye. On the lower lash line, using the same black, start under the pupil and pull the color to the outer corner. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes ($17) will stay put all night.
2. With a fluffy brush and a touch (literally, just touch the brush to the pan) of black shadow, lightly tap the powder over the liner both above and below the eye. The smoky effect is very subtle and simply compliments the liner. Then, load up your brush with a shimmery, sheer shadow on the inner corner of the eye.
3. Don’t forget your brows! Brenda is rocking the “classic beauty” brow and you should go for it too! With an angle brush and a matte shadow or brow powder 1-2 shades lighter than your hair, lightly fill in the sparse area above the tear duct, define the top of the arch and with a light hand, extend your brow ¼”. This is a brow that graced the face of every Hollywood great. It lifts the cheekbone and it commands attention.
4. Finding a stain is key to keeping your look lasting all night long. Try Too Faced’s Mood Swing Gloss ($18.50).
5. All you need after that is a kiss of bronzer along the hairline and, under the cheekbones, a light touch of rose blush on the apple of the cheek like Philosophy’s The Supernatural You Make Me Blush Mineral Blush Duo ($25).
Want more tips from Nathan? Follow him on Twitter!