Listen Up: 5 Things You Need To Know About The Breaking Dawn Soundtrack
So, we’ve already seen Breaking Dawn: Part 1 (don’t be mad at us), and it was amazing. Really. But nothing is stopping us from getting you Twihards completely prepared for November 18th, which is why we’re going to tell you 5 things you need to know about the movie’s soundtrack, out today! Ready? Go!
1. You may remember Iron & Wine‘s “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” from the Twilight soundtrack, but the band re-made the song for Edward and Bella’s wedding scene! First dance, maybe? It would make sense since they danced to that song at their senior prom. So. Cute.
2. Christina Perri‘s music video for “A Thousand Years” is choc-full of scenes from the wedding. We think it fits the movie perfectly, since Bella and Edward will probably be in love for more than a thousand years. Ya know, like, eternity.
3. Carter Burwell, who did all the composition work for the first film, is scoring both part 1 and part 2 of Breaking Dawn.
4. This is the first soundtrack from The Twilight Saga that isn’t featuring a song from the band Muse, Stephanie Meyer‘s favorite band in the universe!
5. Bruno Mars has the coveted spot of lead single on the soundtrack — a spot that Evanescence expressed interest in — with his song “It Will Rain.”
Check out the complete track list and links to the songs below! Enjoy!
The Joy Formidable, “Endtapes”
Angus & Julia Stone, “Love Will Take You”
Bruno Mars, “It Will Rain”
Sleeping at Last, “ Turning Page”
The Features, “From Now On”
Christina Perri, “A Thousand Years”
Theophilus London, “Neighbors”
The Belle Brigade, “I Didn’t Mean It”
Noisettes, “Sister Rosetta” (2011 Version)
Cider Sky, “Northern Lights”
Iron & Wine, “Flightless Bird, American Mouth” (Wedding Version)
Imperial Mammoth, “Requiem on Water”
Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz, “Cold”
Mia Maestro, “Llovera”
Carter Burwell, “Love Death Rebirth”
Which is your favorite song on the soundtrack? What are you doing to prepare yourself for the Breaking Dawn: Part 1 premiere? Tell us in the comments!