16 ‘Put Some Respeck On It’ Memes for When You’re Feeling Savage AF
When rapper Birdman appeared on The Breakfast Club radio show late last month, he went on a rant that had people very confused. “When my name come up, respect [pronounced like ‘respeck’] it,” he said at the start of the interview. “I just come here to let y’all know to put some respect on my name. Are y’all finished or are y’all done? I ain’t got no more talkin’.” Um…what?
Even though almost everyone on the Internet who witnessed this awkward exchange was baffled AF, they responded by doing the thing they’re best at — creating hilarious memes! NGL, telling people to ‘put some respeck on it’ can come in handy in a multitude of circumstances. Getting into a fight with a YouTuber? Throw the phrase out there! Mom yelling at you for no good reason? Use one of these funny pics and you’ll be good to go!
1. Beyonce wasn’t messing around with Lemonade…
2. See what we mean??
3. The REAL way to spell ‘respect:’
5. When Birdman meets Drake:
6. And Aretha Franklin!
"R-E-S-P-E-C-K find out what it means to me!" pic.twitter.com/XYhXPGmBMv
— Hawah (@Hawah_Eve) April 22, 2016
7. Birdman and Skai Jackson are the dream team!
I can't breeve pic.twitter.com/NFVJqftOXJ
— fool wit da neck (@BussyJuice_) April 22, 2016
8. True, tho!
Y'all done or y'all finished with these Birdman memes?Put some respeck on his name…..I ain't gon say it no mo' pic.twitter.com/8oz6abczxo
— Marley Monroe™ (@Marley__Monroe) May 9, 2016
9. If your teachers don’t RESPECK you, how are you supposed to succeed?
Dear Langston teachers, PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY GRADE. pic.twitter.com/SUEy2FBlkd
— Che'Ron Lewis (@Hoopin_22) May 7, 2016
11. This would sell out, NGL.
12. NOOOOO! Not the saddest scene in Fresh Prince history!
13. NOT cool.
14. “That’ll be $5.99, please.”
15. How amazing would this movie be??