8 Things to Be Excited About If You’re Heading to College in the Fall
The school year is quickly coming to an end, and before you know it, it’ll be time to head off to college (if that’s what you have planned). We’re not going to lie — there are definitely some scary things about heading off to live on your own for the first time, but there are a lot of awesome things about it, too.
Just in case you’re already feeling those college-bound jitters, we thought we’d break down some reasons why you should be totally pumped to be heading off to university in the fall. Check them out below!
1. Getting to choose ALL your own meals. Waffles for dinner? Don’t mind if I do!
2. Binge-watching Netflix without anyone telling you to stop and do your homework or you’ll be in trouble. Just one more episode of New Girl…
3. Waking up WHENEVER you want on the weekends. Hm, it’s 2 PM. Maybe I should get out of bed.
4. Going out on a school night. Staying out all night on a Wednesday is DEFINITELY my jam.
5. Meeting new people. College allows you to kind of “start over” in a way. No one knows what you were like in high school so you can totally invent yourself if you want.
6. Making your own class schedule. No class on Friday = permanent three-day weekend.
7. NAPS! Speaking of class schedules, sometimes you have a three hour break in the middle of the day, which basically means it’s time to sleep.
8. Living in the dorms. OK, so living in the dorms isn’t all fun and games, but it’s such a fun experience that you learn a LOT from. And hey, it’s usually only for a year so you can totally survive.