11 of the Best (and Most-Viewed) Music Videos of 2017… So Far!
Although this year has been a total flop in the movie department, we have to admit that the music scene has been pretty spot on. We finally got solo music from all of our fave One Direction members turned solo artists and Taylor Swift has come out of hiding and released a brand-spanking new album.
As much as we love a good new single, we love it even more when a music video is released with it. We have to be honest, the “Look What You Made Me Do” music video made us obsess over the song even more, and we didn’t think that was possible! This year alone, we have seen so many music videos break numerous records. Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa‘s “See You Again” was even dethroned as the most watched music video on YouTube!
We’re looking back at all the incredible music from the year and celebrating the most successful videos that have gotten an insane amount of views. We’re not that surprised though, because these songs have defined the year so far. Combined, these videos have over 10 BILLION views. Clear your schedule, because you’re going to be watching these vids on repeat all day long:
11. “Chained to the Rhythm” by Katy Perry (421.78 million views) — Katy has been promoting her new album Witness like crazy and has three music videos out from it so far. “Chained the the Rhythm” is the most successful video so far, but it barely made the list! We do love how this song has a political undertone and that Katy has used her music to bring awareness, though.
10. “Wild Thoughts” by DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna and Bryson Tiller (533.69 million views) — We are still obsessed with this song AND the video. This is a collab that we didn’t even know we needed, and now we don’t know how we ever lived without it. DJ Khaled is having a great year!
9. “Congratulations” by Post Malone ft. Quavo (548.8 million views) — This song really snuck up on us and is one of those that gets stuck in your head at the most random moments. We love this video and how it perfectly represents the mood of the song.
8. “Attention” by Charlie Puth (601.5 million views) — Although “See You Again” may not be the most-watched video YouTube, we think Charlie is doing just fine. You can’t NOT sing along when this song comes out and the music video is just as good. We love seeing how Charlie improves as an artist year after year.
7. “New Rules” by Dua Lipa (635.14 million views) — We’re embarrassed by how often we listen to this song. It’s not only a total hit, but it offers some excellent advice as well! This video is all about girl power and we would be lying if we said that we have never thought about recreating it with our friends.
6. “Look What You Made Me Do” by Taylor Swift (717.43 million views) — We won’t be surprised if this video hits the billion view mark by the end of the year. Tay’s first video off her new album, Reputation, shattered the record for most views in one day. In just 24 hours, “Look What You Made Me Do” had 43.2 million views, beating out Psy‘s “Gentleman” music video that previously held the record with 36 million views in one day. Every day, the video is watched millions of times and it will definitely go down in history as one of Taylor’s most iconic videos.
5. “I’m the One” by DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne (841.77 million views) — This collaboration is one of the best of 2017. All of our fave artists singing on one track? Yes, please! The song was an instant hit and the video is no different.
4. “That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars (1.05 billion views) — Every music video that Bruno puts out is creative and a total hit, and “That’s What I Like” is no different. This is probably one of Bruno’s most artistic and fun videos and the risk was definitely worth it!
3. “Mi Gente” by J Balvin and Willy William (1.29 billion views) — It’s impossible to listen to this song and NOT dance along. The music video reflects the vibe of the music so perfectly that it’s no wonder it’s one of the top videos of the year.
2. “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (2.71 billion views) — When this video first came out, we couldn’t stop watching it. Not only is the song a total bop, but seeing Ed become super ripped and boxing was a great bonus.
1. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee (4.33 billion views) — This is the music video that took the crown from “See You Again” and we totally see why. Although people may have first heard the song because of the Justin Bieber remix, the OG track is the one getting all the love.