10 Awesome Actors Whose First Movies Were Box Office Hits
Some (slash most) actors struggle to catch their big break. It could take countless small roles in commercials and the background of TV shows before anyone calls you a name other than “Hey, extra!” Then there are those select few — like basically everyone in Harry Potter — who manage to get their previously unknown monikers attached to megawatt movies from the get-go. (Lucky ducks.) Here are ten such awesome actors whose first movies were box office hits:
1. Emma Watson — Miss Watson was the envy of young girls all over the world when she was cast as Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone with barely any acting experience apart from a few school plays. Now, we can’t imagine anyone else filling the shoes of the smartest witch of her age.
2. Rupert Grint — Likewise to his on-screen love, RG’s first film was also Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Know how he snagged it? He sent in a video of himself — rapping!
3. Lindsay Lohan — She modeled for years prior to The Parent Trap, but it wasn’t until she played Hallie Parker AND Annie James that we fell in love with the now-famed redhead.
4. Ansel Elgort — Okay, so Carrie wasn’t a blockbuster or anything. (In fact, it was kind of a bust.) But it had potential what with its big-named stars, and highly successful original to base itself off of, so that’s something. Plus his stint in Carrie helped him score his follow-up film roles… in Divergent and The Fault in Our Stars!
5. Emma Stone — We’ll never forget when Jonah Hill nailed Emma in the eye — by falling headfirst into her face in Superbad. Good times, good times.
6. Robert Pattinson — Technically, his first film was Vanity Fair, opposite Reese Witherspoon (which actually isn’t too shabby of a first film). But, since he was uncredited, we’ll go with his first CREDITED appearance — in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!
7. Willow Shields — The Hunger Games. THAT’S INSANE.
8. Jamie Campbell Bower — Just a couple years before he took part in the Volturi in The Twilight Saga, JCB showed off his vocal talents alongside Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
9. Mackenzie Foy — If playing Taylor Lautner‘s future love in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 was our first movie role, we’d brag for the rest of our lives.
10. Chris Hemsworth — Although his character died pretty early on, it’s still super cool to say Thor was part of the Star Trek franchise. SIDE NOTE: Did you notice that his baby mama’s Jennifer Morrison?