10 Things to Know About Singer/Rapper Becky G!
You know your life is going places when Simon Cowell takes the time to tweet about you and refer to you as a star in the making. Most of us would dream about this day, but for one 15-year-old from Inglewood, California, it became a reality. Becky Gomez (or just Becky G for short) is a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, she has worked with just about everybody. From opening up Justin Bieber‘s Believe tour to making a music video with Cher Lloyd, Becky’s rise to the top might be shorter than we all think.
Catch Becky G’s “Oath” performance alongside Cher Lloyd on a recent episode of The X Factor and find out more about the rapper’s career and who else she was able to work with below:
2. Her YouTube channel and unreal remix of “Otis” caught the eye of music producer, Dr. Luke, who has worked with Ke$ha, Kelly Clarkson and P!nk to name a few.
5. She dressed up as Minnie Mouse this year for Halloween. Too cute!
6. Becky has been good friends with Shake It Up‘s Adam Irigoyen for a while. Check out this adorable throwback pic of the two:
7. She’s got a song on the Hotel Transylvania soundtrack called “Problem (The Monster Remix)” featuring will.i.am!
9. Becky is documenting her rise to stardom by writing a weekly post for ABC Univision.
10. Her debut album is rumored to be dropping in January 2013. Can we wait that long?!