7 Bad Lessons We Learned From High School Musical
Before Justin Bieber sang “One Time” and One Direction busted onto the scene, another phenomenon swept the nation: Disney’s High School Musical. When the DCOM aired in 2006, it was everywhere; on lunchboxes, magazine covers, t-shirts, etc. But just because people were obbbbsesssssed doesn’t mean the movie didn’t teach some bad lessons. Don’t get us wrong — just like every other Disney film there were tons of positive messages, too, but we’re just saying HSM had some, ahem, questionable, themes…
1. Stick to the status quo. #Rude
2. Breaking a promise to call someone back is NBD. Troy was so shocked and excited to see Gabriella at school, but did anyone else realize he had her phone number already? He just never used it! Ugh, typical boy.
3. Say things you don’t mean to impress your friends.
4. High school cafeterias really look like that. Cafeterias are actually dingy, gross tiled rooms IRL, thank you very much.
5. It’s totally okay to break out in song and dance anywhere in your school. Good luck if you try that one!
6. There’s only one Gabriella Montez on the Internet. Seriously, how does Taylor find Gabby so quickly?! She has one of the most common names in the world! First rule of Facebook stalking: find someone with a unique name.
7. Athletes shouldn’t be involved in the arts. We know Troy gets there eventually, but why is it suuuuch a big deal that a basketball player also wants to be in a play?