10 Awkward Dance Scenes That’ll Make You Squirm
In movies like Step Up and Footloose, you expect to be wowed by their dance numbers; the titles usually lend themselves to that assumption. But in films like the below, it doesn’t even cross your mind that a musical number will be involved… which is perhaps the main reason why they turn out to be so freaking awkward. Here are ten dance scenes that’ll make you squirm uncomfortably:
1. She’s All That — Because full-on choreographed dance-offs always happen at high school proms, right?
2. A Knight’s Tale — We’re sure Heath Ledger put his all into this 14th century routine, but…
3. 13 Going on 30 — Just because everyone who lived through the ’80s knows the choreography to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” doesn’t make it NOT awkward to request it in the middle of a launch party (albeit, quite dull launch party). Oh, and can we please talk about Jennifer Garner‘s too-tight (not to mention HEINOUS) dress?
4. (500) Days of Summer — The only thing that makes it somewhat bearable is Joseph Gordon-Levitt; he’s wonderful.
5. 10 Things I Hate About You — Before Julia Stiles pwnd in Save the Last Dance, she drunkenly worked a table at a HS party.
6. American Wedding — Stifler. In a dance-off. At a gay bar. ’nuff said.
7. Spider-Man 3 — You know, when Peter was going through his emo stage. That should tell you something.
8. Clerks II — WHAT IS THIS??
9. Tropic Thunder — Come on, it’s balding Tom Cruise in a fat suit.
10. Napoleon Dynamite — Srsly, why did people talk about this movie so much?