8 Things To Know About Hugo’s Asa Butterfield!
We’re gonna call it right now…this kid is going to be huge, and not just because he has an awesome name. Meet 14-year-old English actor Asa Butterfield. He’s playing main character Hugo, an orphan who is living in the walls of a train station in 1930s Paris alongside Chloe Moretz in well, Hugo. Sounds like quite the adventure to us. Oh, and did we mention it’s in 3D? You might wanna go check it out. But before you hit the theaters on November 23rd, here’s a little background information on the film’s littlest big star!
1. Asa is best known for his role as Bruno in The Boy in the Striped Pajamas where he befriends a young boy who has fallen victim to the Holocaust.
2. MTV Networks’ NextMovie.com has named Asa one of the Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011. We watched alright…
3. Asa started acting at the age of 8 and is recognized for his striking blue eyes. Aren’t they gorg?
4. Most recently, Asa was offered the lead role in the upcoming movie, Ender’s Game, which will begin filming in 2012.
5. One of Asa’s more fun roles was when he played Norman Green in Nanny McPhee Returns alongside big names like Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGreggor. He pretty much got paid to run around and be crazy.
6. Although he loves acting, he makes sure it doesn’t completely take over his life. Asa loves reading and hanging out with his kitties!
7. Asa plays the piano, guitar, and loves singing. He even won a Fender guitar at an XFM Rock School competition for his recordings of “Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus and “Making Plans For Nigel” by XTC.
8. At 5-years-old, Asa appeared on the cover of Patrick Skene Catling’s book, “Better Than Working.” How freakin’ CAYUTE?!
What do you think about Asa Butterfield? Do you think he’s going to be a big star someday? Are you going to see Hugo when it comes out (tomorrow)!? Tell us here!