5 Things That Were Wrong With Last Night’s ‘Glee’ Episode
When did we develop such an intense love/hate relationship with this show? Aside from ‘Fondue for Two’ (always a highlight) and the last two musical numbers, we had some serious issues with last night’s ‘Naked’ episode of Glee. Let us know if you agree or not in the comments.
1. Recycled storyline. The club is getting ready for regionals and
Mr. Schuester Mr. Hudson wants the New Directions to have a bake sale. Sound familiar? Luckily, Tina comes up with a better, albeit completely implausible at a normal high school, suggestion. We also need to discuss the love storylines developing. Tina loves Blaine? Blaine’s crushing on Sam? Sam likes Brittany, who is now the smartest kid at McKinley? No. Just no.
2. The Rachel Berry storyline. We don’t buy it. We get that characters evolve, but going topless in a low-budget student art film just doesn’t seem like a page out of the Berry gold-star playbook. Kurt shares our opinion in his two-minute cameo. We also get a visit from old Rachel Berry who reminds us just how far her hair and willingness to display cleavage really has come.
3. We ship Marley and Ryder, not Marley and Jake. We must have missed a few episodes, because we thought everything was lining up perfectly for a new New Directions romance to rival Finchel. We’re just not feeling it with Marley and Jake and wanted to see Blake Jenner take on Christina Perri’s ‘A Thousand Years.’
4. Seriously, where is Ryder’s storyline? Why in the world isn’t the show giving us more of the Glee Project winner? We hope he gets more scenes. We also hope they’re not with Kitty. We need more Ryder immediately. Especially when he drops lines like, “What [girls are] really looking for is a guy who will get naked emotionally.” Are you #$%@ kidding me?
5. That song. You can’t throw a near-perfect Quinn-Rachel-Santana number to an awesome Sara Bareilles song a the end of the episode and expecting us to embrace all the new storylines when you’re reminding us of how freaking awesome Glee used to be with all three of these girls at McKinley. We’re ending this post so we can go download this cover and the Ian Axel one.